Europa Cup Trophy 2017
Notice of Race
European Laser Class Association (EurILCA),
The present NOR will be applied at those regattas constituting a series called Europa Cup here below show in this calendar tableDownload NOR - Last update : 6 March, 2017
|Event Date||Venue||Entry Closing Date||Entry Fee|
|10 March - 12 March, 2017||Europa Cup Slovenia - Koper, Slovenia||28 February, 2017||75€ (EUR)|
|1 April - 3 April, 2017||Europa Cup Switzerland - Lugano, Switzerland||21 March, 2017||80€ (EUR)|
|8 April - 11 April, 2017||Europa Cup France - Hyères, France||1 April, 2017||90€ (EUR)|
|12 May - 14 May, 2017||Europa Cup Lithuania - Kaunas, Sailing school Bangputys, Lithuania||9 May, 2017||30€ (EUR)|
|9 June - 11 June, 2017||Europa Cup Netherlands - Hoorn, Netherlands||2 June, 2017||85€ (EUR)|
|22 June - 25 June, 2017||Europa Cup Romania - EFORIE NORD, Romania||19 June, 2017||30€ (EUR)|
|1 July - 4 July, 2017||Europa Cup Germany - Rostock-Warnemuende, Germany||26 June, 2017||90€ (EUR)|
|25 August - 27 August, 2017||Europa Cup Poland - Dziwnów, Poland||24 August, 2017||65€ (EUR)|
|8 September - 10 September, 2017||Europa Cup Hungary - Balatonfüred, Hungary||29 August, 2017||60€ (EUR)|
|28 December - 31 December, 2017||Europa Croatia - Hvar, Croatia||26 December, 2017||75€ (EUR)|
|For more details about each venue, including, rental boats, late entry fees, accommodation and travel arrangements, link to the website of the organizers, you can click on the "Country-venue" in the table above.|
TBA: To be announced
The regatta will be governed by the Rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing.
No National Authority prescriptions will apply.
Rule 7 (a) of the Laser class rules is restricted as follows:
"Only one person shall be on board whilst racing. The person shall be named on the entry form."
Sails shall have the full sail number and national letters in accordance with the Class Rules and RRS. The national letters shall denote the National Authority of which the sailor is a member in accordance with RRS 75.2 and with 1.1 Entry regulations above. This changes RRS Appendix G 1.1
Appendix P will apply, with some amendments specified in Sailing instructions.
If there is a conflict between languages the English text will prevail.
The event is "free advertising" as per World Sailing regulation 20.
Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
Only current fully paid members of the International Laser Class Association and of an World Sailing National Authority may enter the Regatta These memberships shall be with the Laser Fleet/District Association and with the World Sailing National Authority of the country, where the sailor normally sails, even though such place may not be his permanent residence; however, such member, for any valid reason and with the approval of both District Chairmen, may select instead the Fleet/District and the World Sailing National Authority in which he has permanent residence in accordance with the ILCA constitution article 10 (3) and ILCA rule part two article 9. The sailor can only be member of one Laser Fleet/District Association.
- Sailors must have a valid World Sailing ID to enter a race.
To register as an World Sailing Sailor go to: http://members.sailing.org/sailors/profile.php
The ISAF Sailor ID must be with the World Sailing National Authority of the country, where he is a member of the International Laser Class Association as of 4.1
To avoid scoring errors, sailors should ensure to use only one World Sailing ID for all entered regattas of the series.
- The sailor will be scored as member of the District they belong to and is normally reflected in his/her World Sailing Sailor ID as in 4.1.a.
- If a sailor is unable to present their ILCA or EurILCA membership card, he / she will be charged a fee of €70 (payable in local currency), €10 of which will be retained by the collecting club, and €10 will be retained by EurILCA to cover administrative costs. €50 will be passed on by EurILCA to the sailor's district, which may refund it to the sailor if he/she is already a current member, or may put it towards that sailor's membership fee if he/she is not a member.
RIGS AGE ELIGIBILITY AND CATEGORIES
Proof of age can be required at registration.
Competitors are divided and scored in the following categories:
- Laser Standard Rig: Overall, Under 21 (born 1997-98), Boys Under 19 (born 1999-2000),
- Laser Radial Rig Women: Overall, Women Under 21 (born 1997-2002, Women Under 19 (born 1999-2002), Girls Under 17 (born 2000-2002)
- Laser Radial Rig Men: Overall, Boys Under 19 (born 1999-2002), Boys Under 17 (born 2001-02)
- Laser 4.7 Rig Girls: Girls Under 18 (born 2000-2005), Girls Under 16 (born 2003 – 2005)
- Laser 4.7 Rig Male: Boys Under 18 (born 2000-2005), Boys Under 16, (born 2003 – 2005)
The Laser 4.7 eligibility is restricted to sailors who are born in 2005 or earlier having his/her 12th birthday before the first day of the race.The age categories are better shown in the following table.
|Laser 4.7||Boys||NO||Under 16||Under 18||NO|
|Girls||NO||Under 16||Under 18||Open Women|
|Laser Radial||Boys/Men||NO||Under 17||Under 19||Open|
|Girls/Ladies||NO||Under 17||Under 19||Under 21 F||Open|
|Laser Standard||Boys/Men||NO||Under 19||Under 21 M||Open|
Entries will open when each regatta is open for entries minimum normally 90 days before the regatta.
To enter a Europa Cup regatta a sailor needs to be registered at the EurILCA.eu website and enter for the Europa Cup he wish to enter.
Application of entries must be submitted until the entry closing date as shown in table 1.1
When a sailor fills his first application to enter the regatta at the venue without having previously registered and completed the electronic form on the website (item 5.2 above) by the entry closing date,
- he must provide the World Sailing sailor ID to the organizers
- he must be registered in the website eurilca.eu
- if it does not follow those prescriptions, the regatta's result cannot be scored in the Europa Cup Trophy
- to his boat will be charged the late entry fee (some Europa Cups required also an early payment before the closing date of entry to avoid late entry fees)
- his application will not necessarily be accepted.
Entry fee payment is normally due on site.(Some exceptions)
When the event's organizing committee requires the payment of the entry fee till the entry closing date, and that has been reported in the essential information page published at the Eurilca website, and to do this the sailor must fill the organizer's electronic entry form, he has to follow the entry procedure twice: once on the Eurilca platform, and another for the event organizer to pay on line.
The application made on the Eurilca website will be the proof of entry and no additional late entry fee must be charged to the sailor except when payment is required by the organiser prior to the entry closing (like for Hyeres Europa Cup 2017 in France).
Any sailor who has not finalized the registration at the race office of the organizing yacht club, by the entry closing time,will be removed from the list of sailors and will not be scored at that event.
This also applies to sailors who have complied with all other entry requirements.
After the closure of the entries, crew substitution of the registered sailor is not permitted.
There are two races a day scheduled, a third race may be sailed when in delay with the program, with the agreement of the EurILCA representative. Never a fourth race may be sailed in the same day, if that happens, cannot be counted in the score.
The race committee may decide to split some or all of the classes into groups where each class has more than 80 entries. This split is mandatory if the entries of a single class are more than 85. A grouping system will be used and the colours will be re-assigned every day as specified in the sailing instructions.
If the fleet is split as per 6.2 above, and at least 4 races were sailed, the last day the fleet will be divided in Gold and Silver fleets (and bronze and emerald if in case) and raced in “finals” format.
BOATS AND EQUIPMENT
All competitors shall use only one hull, sail, mast, boom, centreboard and rudder.
Sails shall have the full sail number and NATIONAL LETTERS in accordance with the Class Rules and the RRS. The national letters shall denote the National Authority of which the sailor is a member in accordance with RRS 75.2 and with the Notice of Race clause 4.1 Eligibility and Entry Regulations. This changes RRS Appendix G 1.1.
Women competitors shall place a red diamond on each side of their sail (back to back) in compliance with class rule 4(g).
Boat and equipment may be inspected at any time for compliance with the class rules, wet clothing rules and sailing instructions at the discretion of, race committee, including the class measurer or the international jury.
The approved Sailing instructions for the Laser Europa Cup 2017 will be posted on the Official Notice Board and the EurILCA website if received on time. Sailing Instructions will be available from the on-site Race Office on the day before the start of each regatta.
THE COURSESTrapezoid courses will be used with inner and outer loops or windward leeward courses.
PROTESTS AND PENALTY SYSTEM
Decisions of the jury will be final as provided in rule 70.5.
Scoring penalties will be applied as specified in Sailing instructions.
To encourage boats to take penalties afloat, jury members may blow a whistle when they see what they believe to be a breach of a rule. If no boat takes a penalty, the jury may lodge a protest.
The single Europa Cup regattas
- Where a fleet is split into Gold and Silver groups, the 1st ranked in the silver fleet will be ranked in the subsequent place of the gold fleet; that concept is extended when we have more groups, red, emerald.
- Where men and women fleets sail together (in Radial and Laser 4.7 Fleets) the men and women will be ranked separately by simply extracting the women's positions from the overall positions and rescored as 1st, 2nd, ... etc.
The Europa Cup Trophy final rank
- The assigned score corresponds to the final position in each event.
- Sailors sailing a boat only scored as DNC, DNF, DNS, DSQ, DNE, OCS, BFD will have a score equal to the number of entries plus one.
- Sailors having not yet sailed any event, will take 3 times the score based on the higher number of competitors in the same class plus one, Each time they sail a regatta, that penalty will be substituted by his score taken at the respective event.
- The sum of the best 3 scores (lower) at Europa Cup regattas determines the competitor's total ranking score.
- Scoring for series results in any of these above categories shall be made by extraction from the overall series results without rescoring.
- The Europa Cup trophy final ranking will be available at www.eurilca.org
PRIZES ASSIGNMENT BY CATEGORY.
Prizes are assigned following age categories as per item 4.2.c:
- Laser Standard Rig: Overall, Under 21 (born 1997-2000), Boys Under 19 (born 1999-2000)
- Laser Radial Rig Women: Overall, Girls Under 21 (born 1997-2002), Girls Under 19 (born 1999-2002), Girls Under 17 (born 2000-2002).
- Laser Radial Rig Men: Overall, Boys Under 19 (born 1999-2002), Boys Under 17 (born 2001-2002)
- Laser 4.7 Rig F: Girls Under 18 (born 2000-2005), Girls Under 16 (born 2002 – 2005)
- Laser 4.7 Rig M: Boys Under 18 (born 2000-2005), Boys Under 16, (born 2002 – 2005)
SINGLE REGATTA AND EUROPA CUP SERIES
Prizes will be awarded to at the first 3 places in each overall category and for the first in each sub category noted in item 13.1 above. EurILCA prizes will be awarded for the Europa Cup Troply.
Competitors shall wear personal flotation devices at all times when afloat, except briefly when changing or adjusting clothing or personal equipment. Wet suits and dry suits are not personal flotation devices. This changes rule 40.
Each event may introduce a Check-in and Check-out system, which will be detailed in the Sailing Instructions for each relevant event.
TEAM AND SUPPORT BOATS
Team and support boats shall, at all times when afloat, be conspicuously identified by the country name, national letters or national flag of the team they represent. They must fill an accreditation form at the Race office before go afloat.
RIGHTS TO USE NAME AND LIKENESS
By participating in this event, competitors automatically grant to the organizing authority and the event sponsors the right, in perpetuity, to make, use, and show at their discretion, any photographs, audio and video recordings, and other reproductions of them made at the venue or on the water from the time of their arrival at the venue, until their final departure, without compensation.
The sailing clubs, national authorities and the EurILCA, their officers, members and volunteers do not accept liability for loss of life or property, personal injury or damage caused by, or arising out of, the Europa Cup regattas, and competitors take part in the regattas entirely at their own risk.
The establishment of the Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions in no way limits or reduces the complete and unlimited responsibilities of a competitor being solely and entirely responsible for the management of a boat he or she is sailing.
A competitor must be of good health and a competent sailor able to sail in winds of up to 25 knots. It is the responsibility of each sailor to decide to participate in a race, to continue racing.
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of &euro1,500,000 (1.5 million Euros) per event or equivalent there of in any other currency.
Each competitor is wholly and exclusively responsible for third party liability insurance on the boat that he or she is sailing and for his or her personal accident and health insurance.
Each competitor is wholly and exclusively responsible to maintain his boat in a safe and seaworthy condition checking it before go afloat.
Event Quality assurance
The EurILCA representative
- The EurILCA appoints a representative who will be responsible of the Europa Cup regatta Quality Assurance; he will be call to fill an assessment form about the regatta.
The representative can be an already EurILCA District Officer or an experienced in Laser sailing person.
- The representative will be on site to cooperate with the local EurILCA District Officer, the Organizing Committee Chairman, the PRO, the Jury Chairman for the best success of the event and for any matter related to EurILCA or the Sailing Instructions.
- He/she will take the decisions with PRO / RC / OC about the daily regatta's schedule and about safety when there are weather or wind unfavorable conditions.
- Every further changes in Sis made on-site must be approved by the Eurilca Representative in cooperation with the organisers, race committee and the jury.
- The competitors, may refer to him for any question or need raised at the event. He will refer to the PRO /OC to clarify or solve any issue.
- The competitors, after the regatta may receive an e.mail asking to fill a survey about the regatta.
Additional information will be notified either from the EurILCA or from individual organising clubs.
CHANGES TO THE NOTICE OF RACE
This Notice of Race may be subject to amendments which will be identified in the Notice of Race and noted on the Eurilca website.